Analyzing and Presenting Data with Power BI
Delivery Options: Attend face-to-face in the classroom, remote-live or via on-demand training.
Face-to-face or remote-live: CDN$2,275
Discounts: We offer multiple discount options. Click here for more informaiton.
Face-to-face or remote-live: 3 Days
On-demand: Approximately 21 hours of coursework with personal facilitation, to be completed in a four week span.
Face-to-face or remote-live: Click here
to view our schedules and register for face-to-face or remote-live sessions.
On-demand: Click here
to register for on-demand training with personal facilitation, on a start date of your choosing.
Students Will Learn
- The fundamentals and evolution of business analysis processes and tools
- The roles, tasks and tools involved in self-service business analysis
- How to connect to and import data from numerous diverse sources into the Power BI Desktop and service
- When to directly query data sources and when to import data
- How to shape, transform, and combine data from diverse sources to create useful reports
- Using the Power Query Editor
- Which visualizations are best suited for various types of analysis
- How to create, organize and format visualizations that evoke insight and deliver optimal impact
- How to use and develop data models and related tools to combine datasets for analysis
- How to modify relationships, cardinality, and cross filter direction to maximize the efficacy of analysis
- Publishing to the Power BI service
- Create and manipulating dashboards, reports and apps in the Power BI service
- Refreshing datasets, reports and dashboards in the Power BI Desktop and service
- Sharing reports, dashboards, workbooks and datasets in the Power BI service
- Creating hierarchical drilldown reports
- Collaborating in the Power BI service
- The basics of DAX (Data Analysis Expressions)
- The utility of the Power BI REST API and the R, M and Python languages with regard to the Power BI suite of tools
This course provides a robust and in-depth introduction to Microsoft's Power BI suite of products. Students will learn to use the Power BI Desktop and Power BI online service to import, analyze, and visualize business data, and to share business intelligence. Topics include an exploration of the evolution of relational databases, data warehouse and business intelligence; importing and combining data from diverse data sources; shaping and transforming data; modeling data; developing useful and insightful visualizations; creating and sharing reports and dashboards in the Power BI service; collaborating in the Power BI service; and an introduction to Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
Students wanting in-depth coverage of DAX and Power Query M in addition to Power BI training should attend the Analyzing Data with Power BI, DAX, and Power Query M course rather than this course.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- High degree of computer literacy
- Experience with office applications
- Familiarity with spreadsheet functionality
- An understating of fundamental business analysis issues such as revenue, profitability, financial accounting, and reporting
- Basic familiarity with relational databases and data warehousing is helpful but not required
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- Students can retake any portion of a class that has been completed, within 12 months at no extra cost
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
Choose a city below to view a schedule and registration options. If you have any questions, please call us at 978-250-4299 between 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST.