SharePoint 2016 Power User
Duration: 21 hours
Price: CDN$1,290 *Prices are subject to GST/HST
Discounts: For multiple course purchases, please contact us for applicable discounts.
Delivery Options: Perform training at your own pace via our on-demand streaming opion or attend regularly scheduled live courses via remote-live attendance.
Attend On-Demand Attend Remotely
Students Will Learn
- Creating and configuring Web applications, site collections and sites
- Adding lists and libraries to sites for information sharing and collaboration
- Creating and managing SharePoint pages and Web parts
- Configuring site collection and site navigation settings
- Creating and configuring SharePoint site content parameters
- Using views to customize SharePoint site browsing
- Managing user access to site collections, sites, lists and libraries
- Using workflows to automate business rules
- Configuring Microsoft Office document check-out and versioning
- Using Business Connectivity Services to display database tables as SharePoint Web content
This introductory hands-on course thoroughly covers out-of-the-box features of SharePoint and how to customize these features to make the most of your SharePoint environment. The course begins with an overview of SharePoint system architecture, then moves on to creating SharePoint Web sites. From there, students will deploy navigation solutions for users to easily locate data. Students learn how to create new sites from scratch, as well as from built-in templates. Pages and web parts are then added to sites to provide greater flexibility to the way SharePoint is presented to users.
Included are techniques for using lists to promote information sharing, creating surveys, managing tasks and projects, as well as sharing calendars. Document and file management is also covered, including content approval, managing major and minor file versions and document checkout & check-in.
Students will learn how to use built-in workflows, as well as how to display database records on SharePoint sites using Business Connectivity Services (BCS).
Comprehensive hands on exercises illustrate the concepts and techniques presented, and provide practice creating common SharePoint components.
Students who are interested in coverage of Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms may be interested in the 4-day Sharepoint 2016 Power User and Introduction to Nintex Workflow & Forms course.
Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows desktop operating system environment (Windows 8.1 or later). Basic understanding of NTFS file & folder structure and network access.
- Categories of SharePoint Sites
- Creating and Managing New Web Applications
- Creating and Managing Site Collections
- Creating Sites for Meetings
- Creating Sites to Support Teams
- Understanding and Using SharePoint Web Database
- Setting up Site Navigation Systems
|Effectively Using Lists
- Using Lists for Information Sharing
- Creating Shared Calendars, Tasks, Announcements and Other Lists
- Creating Custom Lists From Scratch
- Creating New Lists Based on Templates
- Creating and Using Surveys
- Adding Custom Columns to Lists
- Creating Custom Views of Lists
|Libraries and Document Management
- Allowing Users to Share Files and Documents with Libraries
- Configuring Content Approval of Library Entries
- Setting up Check-In/Check-Out to Enforce Exclusive Access to Documents
- Managing Major and Minor File Changes
- Saving Past Versions of Files
- Fully Customizing Libraries
- Creating Custom Views of Libraries
- Setting Validation Rules for New Library Entries
|Automating Business Rules with Workflows
- Using Built-in Workflows
- Creating Workflows Using Internet Explorer
- Creating Workflows Using SharePoint Designer
- Configuring Workflows to Start Automatically
- Managing, Editing and/or Deleting Existing Workflows
|Pages and Web Parts
- Adding Pages to Sites
- Understanding SharePoint's Built-in Web Parts
- Adding Web Parts to Sites
- Customizing Web-Parts and Pages
- Creating Wiki Pages, Publishing Pages and Web-Part Pages
- Creating Site Navigation Systems
|Managing Site Appearance
- Adding and Removing SharePoint Site Features
- Using Themes to Customize Page Colors and Fonts
- Using Picture Files to Standardize Corporate Logos
|Microsoft Office Integration
- Understanding SharePoint's Integration With MS-Office
- Setting Up Shortcuts to SharePoint Libraries
- Using Document Sets to Manage Groups of Files
|SQL Database Integration with Business Connectivity Services
- Understanding Business Connectivity Services (BCS)
- Integrating External Data Content Using SharePoint Designer 2013
- Displaying SQL Records on SharePoint Sites
- Updating SQL Content Using SharePoint Lists in Internet Explorer
- Updating SQL Content Using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Course materials include student guide, hands-on lab manual and USB flash drive for examples and lab work
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees
Great class. I highly recommend HOTT for training. I have taken 2 classes from HOTT and have been very pleased with the two classes, the information covered, the knowledge of the teacher and the class materials.
— S.W., Intergraph
Perform training at your own pace via on-demand streaming or attend regularly scheduled live courses via full-duplex audio/visual connection with our remote attendance option. All courses are designed to include 50% instructor-facilitated hands on practice.